Monday, May 15, 2006

“ I must be honest.”

“ I must be honest.” “I must be true to myself.”
These words are almost always a preamble to a
speech of abandonment or betrayal.

“I want to let you know how I’ve been feeling.”
But God is Love. To be what we were created to
be, we don’t always have to give an update on
our negative emotions.

The reason it isn’t helpful to go around talking
about our healings, visions, and other spiritual
fireworks is that such conversations tend to be
separating and unloving. The little mind gets
involved, we start feeling special, and the other
person thinks he wasn’t invited to God’s party.

It should be obvious that the evidence of love,
unity, and wholeness in our lives will begin to
disappear whenever we choose to be special and separate.
Hugh Prather in Notes on Love and Courage

No comments: